Monday, March 19, 2012

fun Easter sandwiches


I am so excited that spring it finally on its way. I have been enjoying the bits of warmer weather here, and I'm ready for all of the snow to be gone until next winter! I decided to try making some fun lunches for my kids, after being inspired by the ones that Jill's makes on her blog. I just love the fun lunches that she creates for her kids.

The chick was so easy to make. It's based on one of my crafts from last year. I just used a circle cookie cutter to cut out the sandwich. I cut a marshmallow in half and stuck a chocolate chip to it to make the eyes. I cut small sticks of cheese for the legs, and made a little triangle cheese nose. I used my mini flower cookie cutter to cut a piece of bread and ham for the comb-y thing on top of the chickens head.


 I actually thought of this bunny sandwich around Valentines Day, when I created my puppy dog valentines. I used a heart cookie cutter to cut two hearts out of the sandwich. To make the ears, I just cut one of the hearts in half. I cut a piece of ham to go on top of the bunny ears. Once again, I cut a marshmallow in half and stuck a chocolate chip to it to make the eyes. I cut triangle out of cheese for the nose, and used a few chocolate sprinkles for the whiskers. That's it. These sandwiches only took a little bit longer to make and Claire loved them. I can't wait to think of some more fun lunches to make for her!

4 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable! My toddler is sitting right next to me telling me how cute they are. I'm your newest follower via the Tatertots and Jello link party. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO adorable!!! I am pinning these now!!! I would love for you to come over and link this up at my party here: http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/03/project-party-weekend-and-striped-spoons-tutorial-link-up-your-projects-here.html
    I am your newest follower!!! xoxo- Rachel @ BubblyNatureCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are adorable!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the little chick!!!! SOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Your bird reminds me of our favorite cartoon "Peep." I'll have to make some for my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...